There are far too many big commercial truck accidents in Texas causing far too many personal injuries and deaths. I was reminded of that again today when I was hired to again represent a man I had successfully represented in court when he was seriously injured when an 18 wheeler crashed into his pickup truck four years ago; he got hit by a large box truck yesterday in Dallas. These big truck cases are one of the only types of injury cases I handle.
Why are these tractor trailer accidents so dangerous? It’s no surprise that serious injury or death often occur from accidents involving 18 wheeler trucks. The laws of physics govern that when two vehicles collide the larger, heavier vehicle is normally going to cause more damage and strike with more force than the lighter vehicle.
How does the average weight of a big commercial tractor trailer compare to passenger vehicles? Consider the following weight disadvantages:
• Big commercial trucks often weigh 23,000 pounds.
• The trailers pulled by the 18 wheelers often weigh about 12,000 pounds.
• The total weight of the big truck and the trailer when pulling the maximum load can weigh 80,000 pounds.
• The average U.S. car weighs about 4,000 pounds.
• Large SUV and vans usually weigh about 6,000 pounds and small SUVs weigh 4,000 to 5,000 pounds.
What types of injuries are often caused by big truck accidents?
Our law firm has handled truck accidents that result in catastrophic injuries or death due to the tremendous force involved in these collisions in Texas and all over the U.S. These catastrophic injuries include:
• Head and neck Injuries
• Serious brain Injury (traumatic brain injuries)
• Permanent debilitating spinal cord damages
• Loss of function of internal organs
• Compound fractures and crushed bones
• Disc herniations and bulges
• Knee and shoulder injuries
• Other catastrophic and permanent injuries
What damages are often caused by big truck accidents?
Truck accidents result in enormous damages which include property damage, medical expenses, lost wages, pain and suffering, and sometimes punitive damages. Vehicles are often totaled. Permanent injuries that permanently limit someone’s ability to work and enjoy lift are common. The pain and suffering is the monetary compensation for the physical pain and for the negative impact those injuries have had on the personal injury claimant’s life.
Why do you need a big truck accident attorney for your personal injury?
Attorney Bill Berenson has had great success greatly enhancing the personal injury recoveries for his clients. The Berenson Law Firm knows how to identify all of the different insurance policies that cover your claim and how to stack those policies to maximize the total recovery. You can visit our website to learn more about the success of our attorneys by reading actual client testimonials.
For your free consultation for your big truck personal injury case call us at 888-801-8585 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will fight to get you the money you deserve!